Referral Programme - Terms & Conditions
Referral Programme means the reward programme in terms of which the Referrer will have an amount equal to 5% of any UBS purchase (less vat) made by a referral client credited to the UBS account registered to the Referrer for a period of three months from the date of the first purchase made by the referral client.
Referrer means an eligible UBS customer who has submitted an application which has been accepted for the Referral Program by UBS and whose participation in the Referral program has not be withdrawn or terminated.
Customer means an individual or company who has purchased a product or products from UBS not more than 6 months prior to the date of signature of this agreement. Referral Client means anyone who is not a customer and who has not received a blue card from any other Referrer.
Starter Pack means, in addition to various items of UBS branded merchandise, one VIP Membership card and 10 Membership cards which cards are, and shall remain, the property of UBS.
1. The referral programme is limited to customers only. Where a customer has a credit arrangement with UBS, this offer shall be limited to customers whose credit limit with UBS has not been exceeded.
2. Should a customer wish to apply to be a Referrer, the customer shall complete an application form in store.
3. Once the application form has been completed and signed it will be handed back to the sales team in the store. The Referrer consents to UBS running any credit checks which it may require in order to assess the application.
4. Upon acceptance as a Referrer, the Referrer will be provided with a starter pack.
5. The Referrer agrees to furnish the 10 Membership cards to referral clients.
6. When the referral client purchases merchandise from UBS, the referral client will be required to present the Membership card to the UBS sales person. This card will link the referral client back to the Referrer. In doing so they will also need to agree to the terms and conditions of the use of their Membership card, which terms will include, but will not be limited to, agreeing that the Referrer will benefit from their purchase by having it’s UBS account credited by an amount equivalent to 5% of the purchase price of their purchase (excluding vat) and having their cumulative details of the merchandise that they have purchased displayed on the Referrers quarterly statement.
7. The Referrer’s UBS account will be credited with an amount equal to 5% of all the vat exclusive sales by UBS to the Referrer for a period of 3 months from the date of the referral client’s first purchase.
8. The credit will be credited to the Referrer’s UBS account and will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of the credit be passed, after which period the credit will expire.
9. A Quarterly statement will be sent to each Referrer (via e-mail) showing sales from their referral clients and associated credits allocated to their UBS account.
10. The Referrer undertakes to act lawfully, honestly and with the utmost good faith when carrying out its functions as a UBS Referrer. Any breach of the provisions of this clause by the Referrer shall entitle UBS to immediately revoke any rewards which may have accrued to the Referrer and without notice to the Referrer.
11. UBS reserves the right to alter or change operational conditions of the Referral programme or to terminate it at any point. In the event of programme termination, Referral credits will remain valid for 30 days. Credits held on the customer’s account will not be affected.
12. In the event that the Referrer wishes to opt out of the Referral programme, kindly email UBS at Referral@ubssa.co.za clear instructions to terminate your membership.
13. Any abuse whatsoever of the Referral program by any person will constitute a breach of these terms and conditions and UBS reserves the right to cancel such person’s membership with immediate effect and revoke all amounts credited to the Referrer’s account.
14. UBS is entitled to summarise the results of the Referral programme in publicly available studies, provided that any data included in such studies will be anonymous such that Referrer’s are not individually identifiable. The Referrer further agree that UBS may retain any data and any personal information provided to them by the Referrer.
15. Incorrect or invalid card numbers will not be awarded Referrer credits.
16. Being registered as a member of the UBS Referral programme irrevocably signifies the Referrer’s agreement to these terms and conditions.
17. UBS, its directors, shareholders, employees, organisers, promoters, partners or agencies do not bear any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, injury, accident and death or asset damage howsoever arising from inclusion or participation in the Referral Programme.
18. UBS is not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate information relating to the Referral programme and, in addition, assumes no responsibility for: 18.1 typographical or other errors in the printing, emailing or other transmission of any Referral programme related materials or the calculations of the rewards due to the Referrer or for errors in the awards; 18.2 any errors arising out of or from technical problems or due to human error; 18.3 theft or destruction, tampering with or unauthorised access to or alteration of the Referral programme or of any rewards.
19. The Referrer (or in the case of a company or close corporation, the authorised representative) is required to submit his/her valid South African ID (or for non-South African citizens passport number) to register, or transact on or to manage the Referrer members’ account and utilise the credit on its account.
20. By providing UBS with this personal information, the Referrer or its authorised representative gives UBS permission to send the Referrer or its representatives and employees information regarding the Referral Programme and other marketing information, via telephone, email, post and physical delivery.
21. A valid cell phone number, and/postal address and/or email address will be required from each Referrer for all communications. No communication will be sent to phone numbers, postal addresses or email addresses outside of South Africa.
22. In the event that the Referrer wishes to opt out of any communications, please contact UBS on the email address provided herein above, or change your communication preferences by contacting UBS and UBS will ensure that it is compliant to the Consumer Protection Act.
23. The Referrer agrees that UBS is not responsible for any of the Referer’s data which is stored on the UBS system save as is provided below.
24. UBS is responsible for complying with its legal obligations, including but not limited, to its obligations under Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
25. UBS will not trade, sell, release, share or transfer user’s personal information for use by any business outside UBS without the Referrer’s consent, unless permitted or required by law.
26. The Referrer indemnifies UBS and holds it harmless from and against civil or criminal action, or any claim, demand, loss, damage, penalty, administrative fine, cost or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or relating any leak of any of the Referrer’s information or data.
27. UBS reserves the right to decline, terminate and withdraw the Referrer’s membership at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
28. UBS reserves the right to decline, issue, re-issue and withdraw any of the Referrer’s cards at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
29. The UBS VIP Membership card is not transferrable.
30. For any lost or stolen or defaced affiliate card contact UBS on Referral@ubssa.co.za. A Referrer can also instruct UBS to block or deactivate its’ lost or stolen or defaced card and request a new card.
31. It is the Referrer’s responsibility to safeguard its VIP Membership card. In the event of someone else using its VIP Membership card to make changes to the Referrer’s profile or transact on its behalf, the Referrer (and not UBS) will be responsible for the changes and the outcome thereof.
32. UBS reserves the right to change the Referral points/credit allocation offering to Referrer’s from time to time. UBS shall notify the Referrer via email of any changes contemplated herein and all changes shall become effective as from the date specified in such communication. The Referrer’s continued participation in the programme shall signify the Referrer’s acceptance of the changes.
33. UBS reserves the right to change the conversion value of the credit at its discretion. UBS will notify Referrer’s in advance if a change should occur.
34. UBS shall not share your details with any other company unless it is entirely necessary for the organisation of Referral linked programmes.
35. When a customer applies for Referral Programme membership it is agreeing to these terms and conditions.